IT management operations are in constant development and digital transformation is the force driving it to a point where the conventional IT management approach may no longer be enough.
AIOps has become a familiar term within the last year and aims to tackle the challenges of today’s IT operations procedures and reorganization within businesses, these challenges include:
- The increasing complexity and dynamic nature of IT architectures
- Digital business transformation
- Siloed IT operations
- The exponential growth of uncorrelated data
FixStream – a US-based AIOps software provider is leading the way to ‘empower operational transformation’. The team was present at last week’s IoT Evolution Expo in Ft. Lauderdale, where they were showcasing their latest business solutions as well as announcing the introduction of their latest offering for their advanced AIOps+ platform.
What is AIOps+?
AIOps is a methodology used within business IT operations utilizing multi-layered technology platforms that enable the automation and the enhancement of various IT aspects and apply the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to analyse Big Data which has been collected from various IT operations tools to create self-learning programs that automatically detect and react to any issues in real-time.
AIOps+ adds automated auto-discovery and full stack, multi-domain correlation to provide the accurate, application-centric context necessary to guarantee the efficacy of the ML predictions.
“Modern IT environments have become very dynamic, requiring a lot of telemetry data to monitor them in real time,” said Enzo Signore, Chief Marketing Officer, FixStream. “This has created a massive amount of uncorrelated big data that has by far exceeded the human capabilities to process it. Therefore, IT Operations need to automate the process of collecting and correlating millions of data points across their hybrid IT stack and then apply ML to detect patterns and predict issues. This is why Enterprises and MSPs are now investing in AIOps+.”
FixStream, who are technology partners with companies such as Oracle, Cherwell, and Dynatrace, aims to provide AIOps+ to companies that will improve their IT operations as they deal with increasingly complex IT networks and as new technologies emerge and develop. The platform’s goal is to predict issues in a company’s IT environment by applying machine learning algorithms to the correlated application and operational data, therefore avoiding costly downtime and lost efficiency with millions of dollars in lost revenue.
FixStream AIOps+ is solving today’s complex IT problems, faster. It offers accurate inventory, and 75 percent faster data center migration. It dramatically expedites Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) to minutes, instead of hours or even days. AIOps+ also gives the IT staff an unprecedented view of potential problems, providing a 90 percent+ accurate prediction of future incidents. In short, AIOps+ greatly accelerates an organization’s digital transformation. The latest version improves on:
- In-event and ticket intelligence – This is an optional feature that allows FixStream’s new advanced AI capabilities to offer operational noise detection and prediction through event suppression, ticket suppression, and event clustering, reducing the number of tickets by up to 40 percent.
- Multi-layer correlation – Integration with Application Performance Management (APM) products to tie-in business transactions with applications and infrastructure. For example, IT organizations can now leverage FixStream to correlate business transaction and application performance information from New Relic APM tool with infrastructure data, helping them to quickly detect issues impacting the application uptime, irrespective of where the problem originated.
- Seamless integration with Cherwell and ServiceNow - FixStream now provides advanced configuration management database (CMDB)/IT service management (ITSM) integration for better and faster detection of any changes that may affect application health, prediction and resolution of issues using the popular ServiceNow and Cherwell ITSM and CMDB platforms. Companies can now get more accurate inventory and automated CMDB updates to gain deep infrastructure visibility with reliable data.
This allows for IT operations teams to resolve problems, increase revenue, profitability, and overall customer satisfaction.
“Unlike other AIOps tools that don’t correlate data across the stack, FixStream AIOps+ platform delivers superior prediction accuracy by creating an accurate inventory, correlating millions of data points across all domains, and then applying powerful machine learning across the entire stack,” says FixStream’s founder and CEO, Sameer Padhye. “With our AIOps+ platform, IT operations, application and business operations can predict outages with 90 percent+ probability, and achieve MTTR in minutes, not hours and days.”
Artificial Intelligence is fairly new in comparison to machine learning and many new functions and features are being developed in the AIOps field. Currently, the best use cases implement basic automation with a mix of ML. However, with the growing complexity of multiple technologies and the huge amounts of data to contend with on a daily basis, it is likely that we will see increasing adoption by the enterprise to implement AIOps foundations and strategies in the near future.
Arti Loftus is an experienced Information Technology specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the research, writing, and editing industry with many published articles under her belt.
Edited by Ken Briodagh